The Adirondack Folk School (AFS) offers student interns practical experience as well as an opportunity to gain general knowledge and a broad understanding of the day-to-day operations in a busy not-for-profit arts center. Interns will work closely with AFS staff and volunteers and assist in the following areas:
- Office/Administrative: including student registration and support, general administrative tasks, database management, and development of AFS courses.
- PR and Marketing: including developing new media and organizational contacts, attending trade shows, and disseminating AFS information.
- Facilities: including studio equipment/tool repairs and maintenance, preparation of room for classes, and support for instructors during classes.
- Fund Development: including assisting with special events, researching and assisting with grants, and developing new organizational contacts and partners.
- Other special projects as assigned by AFS staff.
Student interns must be reliable, motivated, and able to work independently. For-credit and not-for-credit internships are available for all school semesters and breaks, including winter break. All interested candidates should send a resume with references and a cover letter to [email protected] or call 518-696-2400 for more information.